Friday, December 9, 2011

Hops, Follows, and Tag Alongs, Oh My!

The 18 & Over Book Blogger Follow is a weekly feature that begins on Fridays and runs through the weekend, hosted by Crystal from Reading Between the Wines.


Q. Keeping with last week's and the end-of-year theme; What are three new-to-YOU-authors that you've read and loved this year?

A. Okay, this one's a bit easier that last week's question. I'd have to go with Cassandra Duffy (she won me over with The Gunfighter and The Gear-Head), StaceyKennedy (I loved Whatnots & Doodads), and Gena Showalter (Awaken Me Darkly was everything I was promised - and more!).

It's also time for the Friday Follow, courtesy of Parajunkee's View!


Q. Keeping with the Spirit of Giving this season, what book do you think EVERYONE should read and if you could, you would buy it for all of your family and friends?

A. I doubt most of them would be willing to tackle its daunting size, but I would buy them all a copy of Clive Barker's Imajica - quite simply the most amazing book I have ever read, and one of the few that I will happily reread.

Finally, it's time for TGIF, is a weekly feature created and hosted by GReads! that re-caps the week’s posts and has different question each week.


Q. Book to Movie: Which book turn movie do you feel did the best adaptation? What about the worst?

A. I'm going to go with a Stephen King theme here. I thought Pet Semetary was an almost perfect adaptation of the book. On the other hand, Lawnmower Man was a stinking pile of rubbish that bore absolutely no relation to the gloriously bizarre story from his Skeleton Crew collection.

As always, I urge you to hop around to some new blogs, tag along with some new friends, and find some great new reviews to follow. I always find something new to delight me!

8 comments:

  1. I need to have a Stephen King movie watching weekend - I've read all of the books but not watched a lot of the movie adaptations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I've never heard of Imajica but I bet it's great if you love it! Great answer and happy friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey Kennedy was new for me as well. Love her and she is as great as her books. And GENA....OMG!!! I have been a looooong time fan. Sheesh, her LOTU series and Alien Huntress series, off the chain. Ms. Duffy is a new one I'll have to check out. Glad you found them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kennedy and Showalter were also new-to-me reads this year. Whatnots & Doodads charmed me :)

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Gena Showalter's Alien Huntress series! I love all her work!

    I've heard of Imajica!

    I agree with you about the movie adaptions of Stephen King's books. Some of them are great adaptions while others aren't so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. I've never heard of Imajica. I'll have to look it up.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, another Gena Showalter fan! I just read her Alien Huntress series this year and LOVED it too! Long time fan of her LOTU series though.
    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete