Saturday, September 21, 2019

TGCaption - Smiling in the Rain (magic transformation)

TG Captions are one of my favorite forms of storytelling. There is no narrative fluff, no extraneous details, just the hook, the twist, and the climax.



It's been a really rough couple of weeks around here, physically and emotionally draining, so after last week's mindless bit of bimbo wish-fulfillment, I decided to do a sweeter, more innocent bit of wish-fulfillment this week. 

As for who the speaker is . .  son or daughter . . . and how she came out . . . gay or lesbian or transgender or some combination . . . well, that's up for you to fill in the blanks. I know who I pictured as the speaker, but I'm curious to hear who you see in the mind's eye . . .

5 comments:

  1. The "nobody remembers" part get me confused, because the line with "you always do when she drops the umbrella" part would make it seem that the person DOES remember something.

    I read it as being the son went out to see his dad, and since he was standing too close to his dad, they both ended up getting changed by the TG lightning. The son, probably was in love with his former best friend, who happened to be male .. is the person the now daughter is talking to, with it being easier to be together because she probably would have ended up being just like her dad. OR, just his dad was changed, and he's now in a same sex relationship with his former best friend.

    But it does get confusing. I did the same thing last Sunday, where I think I made the caption too complicated and no one could follow it completely.

    As I commented in the last caption, feel free to email me if you wish. I hate to hear that you've been having a rough time lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my mind, the narrator tells the same story over and over and over again, and gets that same emotional reaction, but the memories fade like the puddles of rain . . . until next time.

      In my head, it's his (her) daughter speaking, and the experience helped her to come out to her girlfriend. :)

      And thanks for the offer. We'll see how things go this week - my beloved should have some answers by Friday.

      Delete
  2. There were one or two bits that were kind of at first glance confusing like an Escher drawing, but in the end, it seemed like a daughter talking about her dad to her own child. The lightning was metaphorical for the realization the dad had that he wasn't he and he never was. Her dad's courage was what gave her the strength to be who she really is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was me ^

    I'm totally not obsessed with you since I read that story. Really, I'm not. *cough*

    ReplyDelete