Monday, September 30, 2019

Christine: Courtship by Aleson Alexander (transgender romance)

Aleson Alexander is a fresh new voice on the romance and erotica scene, an author with a passion for characters and a flair for relationships who I am excited to read more of!

Christine: Courtship is just an altogether lovely story, the very definition of a slow-burn, friends-to-lovers romance. It is, as the title suggests, a prolonged courtship that begins with weeks of simple conversations, occasionally over dinner (Dutch, not a date), but mostly over the phone. If that sounds too tame or too boring for you, trust me it is not. That dialogue is funny and witty and heartfelt and engaging, and it reveals so much about Christine and Alex.

As their story progresses, we do get a few actual dates, with the pivotal moment coming once she finally accepts an invitation back to Alex's place for a movie and some wine. We already know Christine has secrets, and we already can sense she has been hurt before, but the depth of her fear and loneliness . . . well, it is as shocking as it is heartbreaking.

I cannot remember the last time I felt for a character like I did for Christine, but the way in which Alex coaxes her back from a breakdown, and the ways in which they begin to reconnect after bearing all, is beautiful. Since the fact of a sequel, Christine: Love, already promises that breakdown is not an end, I will allow myself to say this - the glee, the joy, the happiness, and the love of the final scenes still have me smiling a day after.

I'm Aleson Alexander and I've been writing things just for myself my entire life. Now, I want to share a few of them with you. I write a wide variety of stories that span a number of genres. Among them you'll find tales of transgender romance, futanari lust, BDSM domination (and submission), erotic encounters between strangers, cheating wives, and happily married couples who decide to spice up their love lives, just to name a few. I've even got an erotic supernatural tale or two.

A number of my stories contain trans women. Depending on context, I'll use 'trans persons' rather than 'trans people'. There's a reason. When I say 'trans people', it makes me feel like I am talking about a separate sub-race of 'others' that I am trying to distance myself from, whereas when I say 'trans persons', it feels more like I am talking about a group but still recognizing them as individual people who happen to be trans. It's a personal thing.

When I'm not busy writing, I enjoy taking long walks with my two beautiful dogs, finding places for them to swim, and playing fetch with sticks.

@AlesonAlexander
https://alesonalexander.com

No comments:

Post a Comment