Friday, October 14, 2011

Hops, Follows, and Tag Alongs, Oh My!

The 18 & Over Book Blogger Follow is a weekly feature that begins on Fridays and runs through the weekend, hosted by Crystal from Reading Between the Wines and Kelly at Secrets of a Book Lover.


Q. What kind of book covers are you drawn to? And what kind of covers turn you off of a book?

A. I like a bit of fetish and fantasy to my book covers (leather and latex, whips and chains, or a tightly fitted corset) with an air of mystery (shadows, glimpses of bare flesh, or an obstructed view). As for what turns me off, cheesy beefcake covers that consist of nothing more than muscled chests and scruffy chins thrust boldly in the reader's face do nothing for me . . . boring!

It's time for another Book Blogger Hop, courtesy of Crazy for Books!

Book Blogger Hop

Q. What is your favorite spooky book (i.e. mystery/suspense, thriller, ghost story, etc.)?

A. You mean I have to choose just one? That's pretty much impossible, so I'll go with the first 3 that come to mind - Clive Barker's Damnation Game (an all-time fave), Jay Anson's The Amityville Horror (another classic), and Washington Irving's The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (such a great story).

It's also time for the Friday Follow, courtesy of Parajunkee's View!


Q. If you could have characters from a book meet and form an epic storyline with characters from a TV series, which characters would you choose and why?

A. There was an early 90s vampire show in Canada called Forever Knight, starring Geraint Wyn Davies as Nicholas Knight, a 13th vampire who works as a Toronto police detective. It was probably the first 'good' vampire portrayal I ever came across, and still remains my favourite. I'd love to see Nick appear in Tanya Huff's equally (and proudly) Canadian Blood Book series. 

As always, I urge you to hop around to some new blogs, tag along with some new friends, and find some great new reviews to follow. I always find something new to delight me!

10 comments:

  1. "an air of mystery (shadows, glimpses of bare flesh, or an obstructed view)"
    I'm liking the sounds of that ;) and the leather, I love me some leather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read my first Clive Barker book this year and really got into it. It was pretty funny.

    New Follower!
    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very original answer! I haven't heard of either of these!

    New follower!

    http://readingtopenguins.blogspot.com/2011/10/following-friday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of Forever Knight but never seen an episode, after all I live in Finland. ;)

    Here is my Friday! + Awesome Giveaway! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh Forever Knight sounds like a great show! I haven't heard of it, but that sounds like a pretty good combo you chose!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Here for the 18+ Follow!!
    And great choice you kinky girl!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Amityville Horror!! I have not read the book, but since seeing the movie, I can't help but be freaked out when I see houses with the creepy "eye windows." *shudders*

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Forever Knight! That was an awesome show! I love your choices, books and TV shows. New follower! My hop and FF: Mom Reads My Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't usually like women on my covers, but I have to agree, a hot woman in a leather corset would definitely grab my attention! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leather is always good but I still enjoy a hot naked ripped body!
    Thanks for joining the 18+ follow!

    ReplyDelete