Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I’ve Met (and ten I want to meet)

Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday, Jana assigns a topic and then we all post our lists that fit that topic.

This week's theme is Authors I’ve Met, and... well, between conventions, book signings, and coffee meet-ups, I've met my fair share, so here goes with a top 10!


Stephen King did a reading in Toronto (in conversation with David Cronenberg!), and I stood outside in the rain for about an hour for a chance to meet him.


Julie E. Czerneda I've had the pleasure of meeting multiple times at bookstores across Ontario, with a signed collection of the Night's Edge books to show for it.


Thanks to the awesome events set up by Bakka-Phoenix Books in Toronto, I've had the chance to meet Guy Gavriel Kay, Nicholas Eames, and Miles Cameron.


Not only did I meet Nancy Kilpatrick at the World Horror Convention, but I took part in her writing workshop, which was one of the best things I've ever done.


Speaking of conventions, I had the pleasure of meeting Elaine Issak, Sharon Shinn, Anne Bishop, and Cecilia Tan at the World Fantasy Convention, and had some great conversations with Elaine and Cecilia especially.


Not to be greedy, but I could think of 100 authors I'd like to meet! Top ten of the list would be Clive Barker, Kristen Britain, Jacqueline Carey, Miss Irene Clearmont, B.J. Frazier, Mercedes Lackey, Melanie Rawn, Christina Shelly, Crystal Veeyant, and Margaret Weis

Comments

  1. Stephen King has been on so many lists this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen King would be interesting to meet and listen to.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment