Stacking the Shelves & The Sunday Post

Stacking The Shelves (Reading Reality) and The Sunday Post (Caffeinated Reviewer) are both blog memes about sharing the books we’re adding to the shelves and sharing news of the week ahead. 


New Arrivals

A ton of new arrivals this week, starting with an e-ARC of The Shadow Queen, the second book in Mark A. Latham's Kingdom of Oak and Steel. If you're new to the series, be sure to check out my review of book one, The Last Vigilant.


On the new book front, I picked up a trio of titles, including a pair of romantasy novels, The Bridge Kingdom by fellow Canadian Danielle L. Jensen and The Book of Azrael by Amber V. Nicole, and an urban fantasy, The Left-Handed Booksellers of London by Garth Nix.


We also did quite a bit of scouring used bookstores and charity shops this week, with new additions to my shelves including:

There's a Grown-Up Book Fair at the main library branch tomorrow, so I suspect there will be more new books to report next week. Never mind, it was lame. I left empty-handed after about 15 minutes.

Currently Reading

I finished three books (including A Many-Splintered Thing with Mercedes Lackey) and DNF'd a third last week. I currently have two reads I'm jumping between on my Kindle, and my bedside reading pile is growing. 


Comments