Stacking the Shelves & The Sunday Post

Stacking The Shelves (Reading Reality) and The Sunday Post (Caffeinated Reviewer) are both blog memes about sharing the books we’re adding to the shelves and sharing news of the week ahead. 


New Arrivals

Season of Steel by Maia Kane is a Spring 2o27 release that I nabbed an early e-ARC of... and it sounds fabulous. This is sci-fi-flavored Regency romantasy, set in an alternate Regency England. Think a sapphic Bridgerton meets Pacific Rim where a feisty noblewoman must team up with a disgraced mecha fighter to win her hand and save her family from fortune hunters.


I reconnected with an old friend this week, Oleander Plume, who shared the new edition of Horatio Slice: Guitar Slayer of the Universe. Completely rewritten with the support of a new publisher and new editor, this is a gay space fantasy that's sexy, chaotic, and defiantly hopeful. I absolutely adored the original version, so I'm excited to revisit it.


And I reconnected with another old friend this week, S.E. Lindberg, who was kind enough to send along a copy of his latest Dyscrasia tale, Grave's Daughters - an insane epic that defies simple description... a fiercely distinctive, almost unclassifiable tale of darkly macabre fantasy. 




Currently Reading

I finished a few books since my last post (which reminds me, I still need to review The Splintered Sun), and right now I'm enjoying the newest Tales of Valdemar collection, A Many-Splintered Thing. And the 'splintered' them is merely a coincidence that I just noticed!



Comments