Vacation Short Reads: Size Difference Edition

Between the hours spent at the airport, on the plane, or driving between provinces, I had a lot of time to read last week - and to ensure that I spent it reading, I deleted all the time-sucking games from my phone and put it in airplane mode for much of the trip, keeping me from doom-scrolling social media. That was almost as much of a vacation as the trip itself, and something I intend to keep doing now that I'm home.

It's been a long while since I just sat and enjoyed reading without worrying about review piles or the stack of recent purchases piling up next to my desk, and it was fun just breezing through some short reads for no other purpose than to entertain myself. When reading like that, I tend to indulge in a theme or a fetish, so this first batch is all about size-difference or giant-tiny-shrunken (GTS) erotica.


Title: Honey: I Shrunk The Gay
Author: J.J. Hicks
Publication Date: July 1, 2015
Genres: Erotic Sci-fi
Protagonist Gender: Male

This started out oddly with some armpit scent and foot fetish elements, which nearly turned me off, but the shrinking element was very well done, and the focus on James' tiny journey (and rescue) was a lot of fun. Yes, there were some erotic elements to this, but not as much as you might expect, and they were deliberately awkward or even comic. There's an actual cast of characters here, a secondary conspiracy, and some conflict that extends beyond just not getting stepped on.

Rating: ♀ ♀ ♀ ♀


Title: Her Pixie Plaything
Author: Alison Osias
Publication Date: October 8, 2020
Genres: Erotic Fantasy
Protagonist Gender: Futa/Female

This was just such a cute story, a happy slice of fantasy erotica that allows the bond between human and pixie to carry the story. Lana is an average-sized woman who, for reasons that are mused upon but never explained, can see and interact with the fae. Zahri is one of them, an eight-inch-tall pixie with enough magic to ensure she can accommodate her much-larger lover. There are some really inventive uses of the tiny pixie by her futa partner, some of which stretch the bounds of disbelief (magic, remember!), but the dialogue between them keeps it grounded and sincere.

Rating: ♀ ♀ ♀ ♀


Title: My Giantess Girlfriend
Author: Gian Tess
Publication Date: May 5, 2026
Genres: Erotic Romance
Protagonist Gender: Male

I love it when authors play against the tropes of their genre, and this does a wonderful job of that. Tom and Ellie are a couple like any other, two people in love who disagree, get into arguments about things like dirty dishes, and enjoy hot make-up sex. The difference here is that Tom is barely the size of a cucumber, which makes the dynamic more than a little uneven. This is a slice-of-life story that doesn't have any overarching plot or goal, nothing to solve or escape, and that's entirely OK. We get to see how Tom and Ellie interact and enjoy how his size makes him uniquely useful in the bedroom.

Rating: ♀ ♀ ♀ ♀


Title: Scott's Small Problem
Author: Amber Collins
Publication Date: Jan 13, 2020
Genres: Erotica
Protagonist Gender: Male

Oh, this was a fun story, and exactly what I was looking for in a GTS read. Scott is a man in a predicament, the only male in an all-women office, and the femdom potential in that scenario is very clearly simmering under the surface. He's uncomfortable with the dynamic, which is what I feel gives this story a strong basis, as it defines a subtle conflict that only grows as he shrinks. When his boss secretly slips something into his drink, leaving him five inches tall, he has to navigate a maze of high heels and office equipment to find someone who will come to his rescue. It's a fun journey, and one that leads to some erotic scenes of misuse, and when he finally finds his way into his boss's hands... well, let's just say I'd love a sequel!

Rating: ♀ ♀ ♀ ♀


Title: Land of the Giantess
Author: Toby Hart
Publication Date: June 9, 2018
Genres: Erotica
Protagonist Gender: Female

The concept of this was fantastic and had a lot of potential, but I didn't particularly care for how it played out. The Prime Minister of the UK is a closeted lesbian with a grudge against men, the personal aspect of which drives her to justify extreme measures - launching a bio weapon that shrinks all the men to be just three inches tall. Chaos, of course, ensues as the power balance shifts and suddenly it's men who must fear being abused. Unfortunately, this is almost entirely about abuse, with tiny men being squished, broken, and tormented to feed female cruelty. There is one redeeming relationship in the book, but not enough to rise above the prevailing violence.

Rating: ♀ ♀ ♀

Comments