Saturday, April 1, 2023

Book Review: Rise of the Battlebitch by Drace Domino (erotic fantasy, futa, lesbian)

Title
Rise of the Battlebitch
Author: Drace Domino
Publication Date: December 12, 2020
Genres: Erotic Fantasy
Protagonist Gender: Female/Futa

Adorably queer. Beautifully diverse. Uproariously cheeky. Wonderfully heartfelt. Sweetly romantic. There are a lot of ways I could describe Rise of the Battlebitch to you, but I think you get the idea. This was a fun read that I lingered over, enjoying my visits to Homestead when I needed them most. I smiled as much as I swooned, and if I shed a few tears, they were happy ones.

Drace Domino twists and flips the usual heroic fantasy dynamics, opening the tale with a ribald introduction of a towering, musclebound warrior of incredible prowess, one with a phallus nearly as big as their sword. They're the kind of hero everyone (men and women alike) wants to tumble into bed with, and they are very aware of just how desirable they are. 

Did I neglect to mention that warrior isn't a man, but a futa giantess named the Battlebitch? A woman who takes better care of the sword between her legs than the one strapped to her back? Who'd rather collect kisses than coins for a job well done? And that her companion, Tess, is a cat-woman alchemist, two parts mysterious and one part standoffish, but endearingly sympathetic? Yeah, so you're starting to get the sense of what you're in for here, but as kinky and erotic as it can be, it's always playfully so.

This is the kind of heroic sword-and-sorcery story I grew up with, but it's also a story of friendship and (eventually, I promise, be patient) romance. There are layers of mystery to it, most of them surrounding Tess, and some pretty big world-building elements to be discovered in the latter chapters. It's an exciting tale, perfectly paced, and the characters are just so damned likable you won't want to leave them behind. 

Rating: ♀ ♀ ♀ 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment