Thursday, March 21, 2019

Fourplay Fetish Feature: An Interview with Chloe Lorell (GTS femdom erotica)

Welcome to the latest installment of the Fourplay Fetish Feature, which sees us dedicate 4 days to showcasing an author, a topic, or a fetish that has excited me. This time out we are indulging in the erotic world of giantesses and shrunken men/women.

To close out the first week of fun, I am delighted to introduce you to Chloe Lorell, who actually prompted the idea for the theme when she contact me back in January.


♥ Thank you so much for taking the time to join us - we are so very delighted to have you! For those readers who have yet to encounter your work, can you give us a brief introduction?

My work largely focuses on the giantess-fetish, with emphasis on vore and mouth play, however, I like to believe mine sticks out because of the focus on character. While the male protagonist is usually a generally flat so as to allow you as the reader to project themselves onto them, I try to keep the giantess of each book varied and exciting. With the exception of my personal favourite work (the novel-sized Chloe’s Bites) my work is told from the shrunken male’s perspective. This gives me a point of view from which to examine and celebrate the power of the all-powerful female of the narrative.

In Chloe’s Bites, the perspective changes from chapter to chapter, and although there’s plenty of action (and sex), this allows for the narrative to focus on the developing relationship between the giantess, Clara, and her tiny pet. In this way ‘Chloe’s Bites’ is aimed at both males with giantess fetishes, and girls with tiny-man fetishes. Probably why it’s my favourite.

♥ How did you first get exposed to the macro/micro world? Were there old memories of sci-fi movies or cartoons that you fetishized, or was your introduction more direct?

In my undergraduate studies, I majored in both ‘Philosophy’ and ‘Professional and Creative Writing.’ I did a lot of comparative-religion, and I gained a fascination with written works from the bronze and iron ages: mythology, ancient religions etc. In my professional opinion, there are too many similar archetypes from unconnected cultures for eroticism to be anything but a fundamental, driving force of human nature and culture.

Throughout ancient religions and tales, there are reports of depraved sexually-dominant females, almost as though part of us knows it’s the natural order: from Asherah—Adam’s first wife—who rapes men in their sleep and is the mother of all succubus, and Ishtar, the wrathful Mesopotamian goddess of love and war, to the Amazons of Greek myth, who kidnap men to breed from, forcing them to dress as women, and stay home and weave while the Amazons hunt and fight. In Egyptian mythology, the sun God Ra is swallowed each night by the sky goddess Nut. He then spends the night in her belly, wrestling with Apep, a serpent demoness.

I struggled with money in those early days, and although I was just fond of the giantess fetish, I knew little to nothing about it. I wrote a story here and there as a way of making a little money, borrowing from my knowledge of lost scripture, and erotic ancient tales. I soon came to form a passion for it, and now write for the love of it.

♥ For some readers, the appeal seems to be in the size contrast itself. For others, it is in the power exchange. Some look to the genre for arousal, some for horror, and others for both. What is the primary appeal for you, as an author?

I try to at least make my stories believable so as to leave a vivid image in my audience’s mind, to convey a feeling that’ll send a shiver down their spine and have them reading the same work again and again. I view my writing as a craft, and take pride in its quality. So, in a way, it’s up to my audience. If my work fail to ring true with the audience, it’s due to my failure as a writer. For me personally though, the appeal of the fetish is the power-exchange; the submissive’s fear when he sees what’s about to happen to him, his realization of his fate’s inevitability, and his horror when he finds himself liking it. However, I try to give my audience a bit of everything: Plot, simple un-bridled sex, as well as character development and even romance between the characters.

I have been complimented specifically on my ability to build suspense. When I read erotica myself, and it ends without giving the audience satisfaction, merely ending leaving the audience wanting more, I feel cheated. This is why I like writing slightly longer works than others in the fetish. Yes, of course I want my readers wanting more when they finish reading one of my stories, but I also want them to feel satisfied. To feel like they got their money’s worth, even if was just two or three dollars.

♥ Since we're talking the imaginative side of erotica, is there a personal fetish or a fantasy that you have yet to explore? Somewhere, maybe, you fear to go in your stories?

There are no areas of erotica where I feel any inclination to write about that I wouldn’t, but there are areas I haven’t yet explored. In the writing of the ancient Greek historian Herodotus, for example, he tells a story of a giant serpent-woman similar to a lamia, who takes Heracles captive and keeps him as a bed-slave for a full year as he travels through Scythia. I would love to write an erotic retelling of this fable and bring it to my audience in an accessible way, but doubt there would be a huge market for it. I started in giantess-erotica, and they may stay in giantess-erotica for quite some time. I’ve thought about blending the two fetishes of monster and giantess together. Perhaps I’ll make a series of it, and really bring my love of myth and legend to the forefront of my erotica.

♥ With reviews so crucial to generating exposure, what are some of the weirdest or most wonderful reactions you’ve had from readers?

Unfortunately, I’ve had precious little interaction with my audience. When I released my first book, I got an email from a man from Germany saying that mine was the first giantess book he’d ever read, and he loved it. I’ve noticed that every time I publish, there’s an immediate sale from Germany, so I presume he’s one of my more loyal readers, but there’s no way to ascertain this to be the case. Another of my books (Maxine’s Manor) received a five-star rating from a reader from Turkey on Goodreads. It’s the highest rating that reader gave to any book in 2016. Looking at his past ratings, that’s saying something (his average rating is 2.3 stars). As I said, I view my writing as a craft, and take pride in it. Getting a good rating from someone who’s so hard to impress is a point of pride, even if Maxine’s Manor isn’t exactly my favourite work.

♥ Finally, before we let you go, what can readers look forward to seeing from you next?

The book mentioned above – Maxine’s Manor – was originally planned as a trilogy of inter-related trilogies. It was going to be multi-layered with a complex plot full of eater-eggs and cryptic jokes, as well as erotica. Unfortunately, a great deal of it was written, then lost. The Valkyries Realm (as the series was called) focuses on Amazonian muscle fetish, and I prefer standard giantess and vore, but I still want to finish it as a point of pride, and to deliver the conclusion to my readers as a point of pride. Aside from that, I’ve been planning on writing sequels to some of my others books, or at , least feature some of the past characters in my future stories. I think it would be good to pick them up again and show the audience what happened to them. I think I may turn up the heat a little too and make my work just a little bit raunchier.

♥ Thanks so much for stopping by - looking forward to sharing some reviews this afternoon!


About Chloe Lorell : Sweet, almost shy, on the outside, I am able to hide my true nature from near anybody. I'll flutter my eyelashes, blush prettily, and lure my prey into my clutches. Behind my adopted persona, I am a cruel, sadistic, and deviant woman. By day, I work in a university teaching anthropology, mythology, and ancient religion. I am an expert, too, of cryptology, and can decipher and translate many, many dead languages at will. Frankly though, I'd rather be writing fetish, or better yet, "playing.".

@ChloeLorell

No comments:

Post a Comment