Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Fourplay Fetish Feature: An Interview with Praedatorius (GTS femdom erotica)

Welcome to the latest installment of the Fourplay Fetish Feature, which sees us dedicate 4 days to showcasing an author, a topic, or a fetish that has excited me. This time out we are indulging in the erotic world of giantesses and shrunken men/women.

This morning I am delighted to introduce you to Praedatorius, who has graciously agreed to stop by for a chat.


♥ Thank you so much for taking the time to join us - we are so very delighted to have you! For those readers who have yet to encounter your work, can you give us a brief introduction?

Of course! My name is Praedatorius, I've been writing fetish fiction for eight years, and my specialties are transformations. If I'm writing a story, someone's growing bigger, shrinking, fattening, changing sex: everyone's turning from one thing into another.

♥ How did you first get exposed to the macro/micro world? Were there old memories of sci-fi movies or cartoons that you fetishized, or was your introduction more direct?

My first big influence was Alice in Wonderland. I remember seeing that movie on TV when I was four-or-five years old, and I remember that scene where Alice grows so tall that her head breaks through the trees and she has that argument with that really shrill bird. It wasn't as if I watched the movie all the time, though. I saw it just on TV once, and this was back in the days before Youtube , so that fact that that scene stuck with me felt really significant.

I actually read the book Alice's Adventures in Wonderland when I was in middle school, and that was a point in my life when I really began to feel the draw of giantesses and shrinking women. Up until then, I saw TV shows where people grew and shrank, and I always thought that was interesting, but I didn't feel that it was a big deal until I found out about Attack of the 50 Foot Woman. That changed everything.

It's funny that I became a writer because my first real exposure to the macro/micro world came from books, and from my school library, no less. I was in middle school at the time, as I said, and I liked going to the library after lunch to read. I read a lot of good books back then, but the most important book for the purposes of this interview was this book in the 0-to-100 section entitled Horror.

If you don't know the Dewey Decimal system, then the 0-to-100 section is a spot for weird stuff, like books about the supernatural, and stuff that's just unclassifiable. Horror was an encyclopedia of horror and science-fiction movies and books: a big black hardcover book, and on the from was a painting of the severed head of Medusa, her blood turning into snakes. You can see how the book caught my attention. Anyway, I was flipping through it and the first thing that grabbed me was a black and white reproduction of the movie poster for Attack of the 50 Foot Woman.

It's the most famous picture in the history of macrophilia. It's been reproduced and parodied and paid tribute to over and over again--that picture of Nancy Archer straddling a highway overpass, picking up cars and frowning at all the little people below. I knew from the first moment I saw it that that picture was special. It moved something in me. I was only 12, so I had no idea that this was a sexual awakening, but for weeks I kept picking up that book and looking at the picture. Just writing about that experience here in this paragraph brings warm feelings to my heart.

I found out a lot of things from that library. I quickly found out about the films The Incredible Shrinking Man and The Incredible Shrinking Woman, I read all sorts of books about pregnancy and puberty, all of which were illustrated, but still had clear pictures of boobs, and I realized that I had an appetite for all sorts of sexy things. I laugh at the fact that everything my kinky, 12-year-old-self needed to know, he learned in a school library, but that 50-Foot Woman poster still holds a place in my heart as the image that broke the ice on my sexuality.

Now that I've finished writing this memoir of my life, you may now ask me your next question. XD

♥ For some readers, the appeal seems to be in the size contrast itself. For others, it is in the power exchange. Some look to the genre for arousal, some for horror, and others for both. What is the primary appeal for you, as an author?

For me, macro/micro writing has always been about transformation. I like the process of growing and shrinking, about clothes getting too tight or too baggy, and everyday objects becoming useless as the person can't use them anymore, but there's more to it than that. It's this idea that, for example, as you get bigger, you become something really incredible. Maybe it's because people are afraid of you and they think you're a monster, or maybe it's because your partner is too small to relate to you, but your perspective really changes the bigger you get. A character can start the story as a soccer mom who's happy with her life, but as she grows she finds out that she can do so much more. "Now I can lift these girders and help people build stuff. Now I can pick up an elephant and snuggle it like a puppy. Now I can plant trees like they're daisies."

In a way it's like a power fantasy, but it's also the idea of bucking your old identity and becoming someone you never knew you could be because it was impossible before. You begin to see other people as these frail, scared little things. You can take that the bad direction and want to crush them for standing in your way, or you can help nurture them and become a major part of their lives. In a way, you become this thing of wonder, like a god. It's a spiritual as well as a physical transformation.

Shrinking is a little different, but getting smaller opens up a whole new world of possibilities. Your house becomes a landscape and you begin to wonder what it would be like to eat nothing but a giant chocolate bar for a week. What would it be like to descend your staircase like a mountain climber and take a hike through your living room? Of course, you're at the mercy of normal sized people, but if you're small enough you can essentially disappear and carve out your own home in the nooks and crannies of human civilization. It's a survival narrative where your only limits are your imagination. I'm getting a bit carried away, but that notion of changing bodies, relationships, and perspectives are really the big draws.

If anything, I'm in it for the sense of wonder. It's just so happens that the sense of wonder gets me off, too. XD

♥ Since we're talking the imaginative side of erotica, is there a personal fetish or a fantasy that you have yet to explore? Somewhere, maybe, you fear to go in your stories?

I recently had a conversation with a friend of mine, Miss Kaneda, who writes some really dark macro-micro literature, that I was struggling with the darker aspects of the genre. I personally don't like really dark stories. I don't mind when characters are in danger or they're suffering, but when it comes to crushing tiny people under your heel and feeling their bones break between your toes, I draw the line. Still, I was telling Kaneda about this idea I had about a community of shrunken people, retirees and rich people who have shrunken themselves to live a life or leisure, whose tiny city is captured by revolutionaries who think they're a drain on society. Then, these revolutionaries punish the tiny people in the most revolting, brutal, horrible ways. It got so bad in my mind that eventually I had to say, "Whoa, I'd better stop thinking about this right now."

The strange thing to me, however, was that I felt it wasn't a bad idea. The premise felt solid and I felt that it could be a really good horror story. If anyone else wanted to do it, I would have urged them on, but I knew that if I tried to write it myself, the whole experience would have felt like a death march. I don't think I'll ever write a violent, gory macro/micro story. My heart's just not in it. I'm more about wonder than horror. Still, if anyone wants to steal my idea, then go right ahead.

♥ With reviews so crucial to generating exposure, what are some of the weirdest or most wonderful reactions you’ve had from readers?

One time someone commented, "This shit is WEIRD," which I took as a compliment (better to be weird than boring). Still, my favorite review was for my novel MAE DAY. I was really trying in that book to write a sexy giantess story which took place within a sort of cosmic framework. Without sounding too pretentious, I was writing something that in my mind was going to be more than just giant-naked-woman-runs-around-and-picks-on-tiny-people. So, one day a readerwrote this about MAE DAY:

"Perhaps calling a work of kink fiction "visionary" sounds like hyperbole, but in this case it just fits. This book will tickle your naughty bits and kick your mind's ass."

I want those words carved on my tombstone.

♥ Is there an author within the genre who inspires you? A mentor, perhaps, or even just a friend you love to read?

There are two that come to mind. Taedis is a an author who pushes the envelope in really interesting ways. There's an element of danger in his novels that gets my heart racing, where he not only makes me fear for the characters, but he ratchets up the eroticism to a whole new level. I have to be careful when reading his work in public. I read Worshipping Claire at work and towards the end I was gripping the arm of my chair, trying not to seem aroused.

The other is Syrus Durham who wrote the magnificent How the Chips May Fall. The book has a really simple set up, but the end of every chapter manages to twist away from your expectations and provide some really good shrinking scenes. Again, he makes me feel really worried about his characters. I think if people are worried about the people in your book getting smaller, then as a writer you're already more than halfway there.

I was lucky enough to meet both these gentlemen at SizeCon, and we keep in touch whenever I need writing advice. They're marvelous people and I hope to follow in their example.

♥ Finally, before we let you go, what can readers look forward to seeing from you next?

I'm making a big push to publish regularly this year. Readers can expect a new kindle story every month in 2019, and I'm covering genres like breast expansion, weight gain, sex change, and age-play. However, my next big work is a macro-themed novella entitled The New Colossus. It's about a New York street performer who is recruited by a secret government agency after someone steals the Statue of Liberty. She has to take Lady Liberty's place, because if anyone finds out that the statue is gone, there'll be big trouble (ha, size pun).

♥ Thanks so much for stopping by - looking forward to sharing my review this afternoon!


About Praedatorius: Praedatorius is an author of fetish fiction, focusing and body transformations such as breast expansion, giants, shrinking, weight gain, and sex change. While focusing on the metamorphosis on the body, praedatorius opts instead to exercise the most powerful sex organ in the human body: the mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment