Monday, March 18, 2019

Fourplay Fetish Feature: An Interview with Taedis (GTS, femdom, erotica)

Welcome to the latest installment of the Fourplay Fetish Feature, which sees us dedicate 4 days to showcasing an author, a topic, or a fetish that has excited me. This time out we are indulging in the erotic world of giantesses and shrunken men/women.

To kick things off, I am delighted to introduce you to Taedis, who first brought the fetish to my attention, and who has graciously agreed to stop by for our first chat.


♥ Thank you so much for taking the time to join us - we are so very delighted to have you! For those readers who have yet to encounter your work, can you give us a brief introduction?

My name is Taedis. I'm a writer specializing in erotic macrophilia content. Giants and giantesses; shrunken men and shrunken women doing things to each other that are impossible outside the imagination. These tend to have a femdom slant though I rarely write excessive violence or blood. I focus more on verbal or situational humiliations. I've written a few stories featuring giants (male and female), but my speciality is putting shrunken people through adventures in a world much too large for them.

Thank you for having me.

♥ How did you first get exposed to the macro/micro world? Were there old memories of sci-fi movies or cartoons that you fetishized, or was your introduction more direct?

My interest in macro/micro started at a very early age. It was innocent at first; the fetishism and eroticism coming as I got closer to puberty.

Every time I think I've isolated the first time I started thinking about size in a special (though non-erotic) way I come up with an even earlier memory. I like to say our pop culture is swimming in size content. Before I could read I was exposed to comics, movies, and cartoons which featured giants or shrink rays. I could spend hours listing as many as I could and still only scratch the surface.

Mike Teevee in Willy Wonka was probably my first conscious exposure to that sort of size alteration. I remember thinking how horribly unjust it was for a kid (who already had next to no power) to have even that little bit taken from him. To have the independence he'd gained ripped from him and end up being put in his mom's purse. It was wrong, it wasn't fair, but it fascinated me.

My toys are what got me to think about myself that way. I loved my Star Wars action figures. And there was this brilliant toy/comic book tie in called Micronauts that I was obsessed with.. The characters of the latter came from a space opera universe, but when they crossed over to Earth they were the size of the toys I was playing with. It really made me want to get down to that scale and share their amazing adventures and ride in all the impossible vehicles. I wasn't allowed to drive dad's car, but if I could just get small enough I'd be able to pilot the hydrocopter.

I do know exactly when this interest in micro/macro became a fetish for me. Or at least when the seed was planted. It was in fourth grade. We'd been doing a unit on Shel Silverstein and had just read a poem about being one inch tall. Afterwards I was waiting in line to wash my hands in the boys room and started talking about the poem with a friend of mine.

“Imagine being an inch tall,” I said.

“Imagine if you were in some girl's bra,” he replied.

I can still remember the tone of his voice as he said it all these years later. The way he drew out the final word. With puberty knocking on my door I was pretty much doomed.

♥ For some readers, the appeal seems to be in the size contrast itself. For others, it is in the power exchange. Some look to the genre for arousal, some for horror, and others for both. What is the primary appeal for you, as an author?

Stephen King once equated power with size and that resonated with me. As much as I enjoy the size contrast aspects of the fetish the power exchange is what fuels the erotic aspects for me. That might be reflected in feelings of comfort and protection when the larger more powerful partner is a gentle lover or horror when they are cruel or abusive. What power does someone have when they're three inches tall? Only what the normal sized partner is willing to give them. It's that vast gap in power that fascinates me. How does someone react to having that sort of power? Effectively they are a god, but to only one person. For the tiny, how does it feel to leave your strength behind and become completely dependent on another person?

I approach all my novels and most of my shorter work as horror stories. It's a horror I've internalized and eroticized the way some people have done with vampires and werewolves. Not that all my material is bleak or terrifying. I have several happy endings. But so do some horror stories.

♥ Since we're talking the imaginative side of erotica, is there a personal fetish or a fantasy that you have yet to explore? Somewhere, maybe, you fear to go in your stories?

I started my writing career with shrinking man stories. Tiny men being dominated by normal sized women with plenty of other fetishes added for spice. There were times in those early stories when I'd self censor. Come up with an idea I liked, but didn't feel comfortable letting it out into the world. I've found myself doing less of that now that I've found my voice as an author and I have a better feel for my audience.

There are some subjects I haven't written about yet, but I think that's more due to not having an adequate story to build around a specific fantasy rather than a fear of going there. I think the biggest gap in my back catalog is male/male content. I've touched on it in one story I wrote, but it's a subject I feel I need to explore.

The thing I find very freeing about writing shrinking erotica is the sheer impossibility of it all. If I were writing a more traditional power exchange story I'd have grave reservations showing some of the things in my size books. I don't want someone using my crazy fantasies as a blueprint for real life kink. Having all these humiliating degrading things happen to someone three inches tall removes those reservations. Yes, it would be wrong to dangle someone like a puppet from their own bra, but since people can't shrink down to Barbie doll sizes I don't have to worry about someone trying this at home.

♥ With reviews so crucial to generating exposure, what are some of the weirdest or most wonderful reactions you’ve had from readers?

The weirdest reviews are probably only weird to me. I've had people tell me they recognized my writing style in a story I'd posted anonymously. I've had people react to me the way I'd react to a writer I loved. One gentleman even called me the Stephen King of shrinking erotica. Which feels weird to me. In a very nice, amazingly flattering way. I'm just a guy working a day job and posting his odd stories online.

There's plenty of wonderful; I'll limit myself to three things.

The first public feedback I received for my first book was on a Giantess forum. I had several people say how much they loved the book … so far. None of them had finished it. I thought that was a little odd until I remembered what they were presumably doing as they read. I'm guessing they “finished” before the book did. Which is the whole point of writing erotica. Especially long form erotica. I've also had one woman flat out say she had to stop midway through one of my flash fictions (2,000 words) and take care of herself.  I don't know if it helped my sales, but it certainly made me feel great knowing I'd been able to do that.

My very first reviewer and I ended up striking up a conversation that turned into a long distance friendship. We've spent a fair amount of time discussing storytelling and writing. About three years ago he asked me if I'd write a story for him. This sort of commission is pretty common in the niche fetish erotica market, but I was still finding my legs as a self published author and wasn't sure if I was up to the task. I didn't want to ruin his story. He asked again late in 2017 and I tentatively agreed. What was supposed to be a 30,000 word story blossomed into 229,000 words of the most complicated (and darkest) story I've ever written. None of which would have happened without that first review.

I've recently won a size based flash fiction contest.  In addition to voting for stories in various categories reviewers had the option of providing feedback with each vote. The positive response to my story has been staggering. I don't want to cut and paste them all, but you can check them out here – https://aborigen-gts.org/2019/02/18/crueljan19-results/

♥ Is there an author within the genre who inspires you? A mentor, perhaps, or even just a friend you love to read?

There are too many great writers in the size community to name them all. Nyx, Miss Kaneda, JDO, Little Comrade, Praedatorius, Anokna-Kon, Undersquid, Dreamtales, Reducer Sizechanger, Elle Largese, GP Ellison, and Syrus Durham, are all great to read. I'm going to kick myself afterwards for not listing more.

If I had to single one author out for special attention it would have to be Aborigen. He's been writing more than twenty years and has built up an impressive volume of works. I first met him online a couple years ago and had the pleasure of being his roommate at a convention we attended last year. He's an excellent writer, a good friend, and a standup gentleman.

He's put a great deal of effort into building a writer's community within our scene. He talks about writing theory. Shares articles about proper word usage. Links to style guides and warns about less than stellar products or services. He also runs the flash fiction contest I mentioned earlier. It's called SizeRiot. It runs quarterly rotating through various themes. It's proven to be a great way for writers of many different levels of skill to share their work and improve their craft. I know I'm a better writer because of it.

♥ Finally, before we let you go, what can readers look forward to seeing from you next?

I plan on participating in a couple other writing contests. SizeRiot and one that is just starting up.

I'm currently about halfway through my latest novel. A bit of a break from my usual fare. It begins with a scientist experiencing the sort of lab accident that leads off so many size stories. She finds herself beginning to shrink. Losing pounds and inches each time she brings herself to orgasm. Something that normally wouldn't be a problem, but heightened libido is one of the side effects of the drug she was exposed to. She finds herself in quarantine alone with her lab partner. A cruel and sadistic little man who takes advantage of her situation; reducing her from person to play toy to lab rat as she shrinks further and further away.

Things take a turn when she finds a cure. One that doesn't stop once she grows back to her old height.

♥ Thanks so much for stopping by - looking forward to sharing some reviews this afternoon!


About Taedis: I realized at a young age that I had a rather offbeat imagination. Something that I've retained into adulthood. I've also had an interest in many forms of kink and fetish and hope to share the strange little stories that I dream up with a wider audience.

@MrTaedis
http://taedis.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment