Tuesday, July 24, 2018

My Perfect Partner by M.C. Questgend (#bisexual #crossdressing #thriller)

A transgender romance with a Fatal Attraction sort of twist, My Perfect Partner is a book that is surprisingly dark, full of stomach-churning uncertainty, and yet one defined by hope and happiness at the same time. M.C. Questgend takes some real chances with this one, and it pays off in spades.

The story opens on a familiar note, exploring the marital unease between Jim and Brenda - a realistic couple, dealing with the same family and financial struggles we all face. There is nothing to suggest where the story is headed, no clues as to what fate has in store for them. In fact, when the relationship does turn sour, it is the beautiful stranger Jim becomes involved with who immediately arouses our suspicions.

The story unravels out slowly, showing us how Jim blossoms under Olivia's erotic tutelage, even as we wonder about her grand plan. His initial forays into femininity are tentative and reluctant, but he comes to find a new understanding of himself and those around him. Rachel becomes a touchstone, a source of comfort and confidence, something with which many crossdressers can relate.

When the story begins to go wrong, it is a genuine shock . . . and for that reason I will say no more. I went from smiling and nodding along, feeling such happiness for Jim/Rachel, to clutching my e-reader in a white knuckle grip, anxious to know what was going on, who was behind it, and how it was all going to play out. I thought I knew where the story was headed, but I was wrong on multiple counts, and I love that more than anything. After all these years, all these books, it is wonderful to find a well-written transgender thriller that can still surprise me, and that book is My Perfect Partner.

Born in 1971, M.C. Questgend traveled the country with his parents as a military brat. Settling in Texas where he was first introduced to alternative lifestyles, he was able to finish high school and continue his new "hobby" in college. After college, he and "she" returned to start a family, but the strain of his "secret" was too much for his now ex-wife. Married a second time was not the answer, so M.C. has transferred the stress to the pen and keyboard. Writing erotic stories - some loosely based on his and "her" life as well as stories involving aspects of the LGBT community, a community and lifestyle he has come to privately embrace. M.C. Questgend is a pen name used to protect his privacy and anonymity. The intent was to write stories that entertain, inspire and motivate - which are as much sensual and heartwarming as they are sexual and explicit.

@mcquestgend
http://www.mcquestgend.com

1 comment:

  1. I have talked with a number of authors who have told me about stories they write and some they read. I have heard that they write a story like a songwriter or poet, they put it out there with enough mystery that the reader fills in the gaps based on their own personal feelings. I like to look at it differently. I want the reader to have a character they can relate to, but I want enough twists and turns that they can put the book down... Sounds like I accomplished this for you Sally. Thanks for the honest review.

    ReplyDelete