Monday, December 19, 2016

2017: A Year in Books

My goodness . . . where has the year gone? As busy and as stressful as it has been at times, and as overwhelmed as I have been at the office and home, I am still surprised to find 2017 almost over.

Goodreads has a neat little Check out My Year in Books feature, so I thought I would share with you the numbers, and then share some of my fave reads for your reading (or xmas shopping) pleasure.


I always hate having to pick favorites, because I know I am going to leave out some fantastic reads, but there are a few 2016 titles that I just have to celebrate.

In terms of romantic reads, my favorite books would have to be Lysistrata Cove by Dena Hankins (a romantic thriller with a transmasculine gender explorer) and Staying Her by Holly Sharp (the most thoroughly enjoyable transgender romance I have come across in ages).


For sheer storytelling, the most wonderfully engaging books this year had to have been The Man on Top of the World by Vanessa Clark (a celebrity soap opera full of explicit bisexuality and genderqueer glam) and A Lie Within A Lie - The Spy by Ghostly Writer (an almost bewildering tale of lies, deceptions, and masks).


Sissy erotica rarely gets the attention it deserves, with garish covers and cheesy titles that can turn off the casual reader, but I would urge you to check out A Sissy Diary by Shaun Putaine (I loved the focus on self-acceptance) and Diary of a Black Cock Hungry White Sissy by Marci Wilcox (surprisingly well-written, romantic, and erotic).


Similarly, futa erotica is a bit of a neglected niche, but you don't get much better than Rubber Cat Burglar by Roxy Katt (a gorgeously told work of phallogyne fetish erotica) and Undercover F.U.T.A. by Kella Z. Driel (a sexy, kinky, sci-fi spy thriller).


Finally, that brings us to transgender fiction in general - bodyswaps, transformations, feminizations, and all. The Complete Convention Feminization by Kylie Gable & Claudia Acosta was a suggestive story for fans of female domination, forced feminization, or feminist revenge; The Freshman's Curse: The Complete Novel by J.B. Rogers started out as a standard gender-swap revenge tale before becoming a well-layered story of a romantic threesome; and Muffy the Demon Slayer: Crimson Moon by Lyka Bloom was a sexy and sincere homage that reads like an x-rated lost episode of the series that inspired it.



Happy holidays to all, happy reading to all, and here's to an even better new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment