Friday, June 27, 2014

Painted Ladies: A Jasmine Frame Story by P. R. Ellis

Even if you're not into police thrillers (and I'm generally not), you might want to give this exceptional book a try. I purchased "Painted Ladies" by P. R. Ellis because of the positive remarks and accolades of the reader reviewers that were posted on Amazon. I'm certainly glad that I did.

This novel turns out to be a well-written and very exciting transgender detective story. The character of Jasmine, the male-born former cop protagonist in the midst of her transition, was brilliantly "painted" and is an accurate reflection of this book's title.

A keen realism evident in the written "brush strokes" of an author who obviously must know a great deal about this subject really makes this work stand out. I really enjoyed this novel!


No comments:

Post a Comment