Sunday, September 18, 2011

Monday In My Mailbox - What Are You Reading?

In My Mailbox and It's Monday, What are you Reading are weekly memes hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, Sheila at Book Journey. Both are great ways to share the books you're either reading, or shifting to the top of your TBR pile (because, let's face it, sometimes a little shifting is the best we can manage!).


Only two new books for review this week, a diminishing trend that will likely carry me through the rest of the year. Between my already towering review pile, plus the 3 awards programs I'm comitted to, it's going to be a busy fall. That's not to say I can't be tempted by a book that pushes all my buttons, but I'm really trying to be selective. Christine Beatty's Not Your Average American Girl is a title I'm reviewing for Frock Magazine (which will always be a priority), and Thomas Caplan's The Spy Who Jumped Off the Screen is a title I got from NetGalley (which I can't review until January anyway . . . so I've got time).

Not Your Average American Girl   The Spy Who Jumped Off the Screen: A Novel

Having said that, there was a charity book sale in the lobby of my office last week, so I did grab a few $1 paperbacks to fill some holes in my collection - Harshini by Jennifer Fallon, Freedom's Gate by Naomi Kritzer, and The Redemption of Althalus and Polgara the Sorceress by David & Leigh Eddings.

Harshini (The Hythrun Chronicles: Demon Child Trilogy, Book 3)   Freedom's Gate   The Redemption of Althalus   Polgara the Sorceress (Malloreon)

As always, I'm generally hopping between books as the mood grabs me. Teasing me for time and seducing my attentions this week are:

Days of Magic, Nights of War by Clive Barker
Alice in Shtuppingland by Barrie Abalard
Fall Asleep Forgetting by Georgeann Packard

Well, that's it for now . . . what are you reading?

6 comments:

  1. I was not familiar with these titles until now. Thanks for the introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm reading frost by marianna baer! stop by my blog! i have some original stock photos i found that were made into book covers!

    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, great! Book sale. And that in your work place. Wonderful.

    Have fun with your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these! Thanks for the new ideas! Great selection this week! Check out mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not Your Average American Girl = love the cover. I don't usually read memoirs, but it might be a good one. I hope you post your review up here also (besides the magazine)

    ReplyDelete