Friday, September 30, 2011

Hops, Follows, and Tag Alongs, Oh My!

The 18 & Over Book Blogger Follow is a weekly feature that begins on Fridays and runs through the weekend, hosted by Crystal from Reading Between the Wines and Kelly at Secrets of a Book Lover.


Q. Which paranormal creature would you like to see more of in paranormal romances?

A. Okay, call me weird (you won't be the first!) but I'm gonna have to go with gargoyles. Vampires and werewolves and other shapeshifters are great, but they've been done to death (pun very much intended). I'd love to see a good gargoyle tale.

It's time for another Book Blogger Hop, courtesy of Crazy for Books!

Book Blogger Hop

Q. In honor of Banned Books Week, what is your favorite “banned or frequently challenged book”?

A. I have to go with His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman and Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling, simply because I find it so ironic that those who claim to have our best interest at heart have such an issue with the two authors who have done so much to get people of all ages reading.

It's also time for the Friday Follow, courtesy of Parajunkee's View!


Q. What book that hasn't been turned into a movie (yet) would you most like to see make it to the big screen, and who would you like cast as your favorite character?

A. In honour of Halloween, I would love to see just about anything by Richard Laymon or Bentley Little hit the screen. As for actors, I can think of a few books from each that would fit the awkward, yet charming, performance of either Matthew Gray Gubler (Spencer on Criminal Minds) or Nicholas Brendon (Xander on Buffy the Vampire Slayer).
As always, I urge you to hop around to some new blogs, tag along with some new friends, and find some great new reviews to follow. I always find something new to delight me!

11 comments:

  1. Oooo Gargoyles, now that is a very original pick. Never would have thought of gargoyles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, gargoyles, I like your thinking :D Someone should definitely do some gargoyles. I had a crush on them when I was a bit younger, but nowadays it's all about vamps (which I now have a crush on, lol) and weres. Some lizard-y creatures would be cool, too. Have a crush on those too, haha.

    New follower, hopping through. Have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gargoyles!!! Amazing and not at all weird!
    One of my favorite buildings in the city I live in is an oooold apartment building downtown ( on beach) that has them all over the roof, rumored to be haunted and no joke there is a waiting list to get an apartment there. Crazy and beautiful!

    Thanks for stopping by CBS, hope to see you around soon.

    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to have 15 crush of geegy Xander when Buffy was still in TV. ;)

    Old Follower. Here is my Friday! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gargoyles are awesome, great pick! I'd like to see more of them. stopping by on the 18+ Book Blogger Follow!

    My 18+Over Book Blogger Follow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sydney Somers has her Pendragon Gargoyles series which is really great. Although, she needs to hurry up and come out with the next one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya!
    Here for the 18+ Follow along! Great choice. I've never read a book with them in it. Have you??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm... never read one about gargoyles. Though, I'm sure it would make for some awesome reading! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. Love your new header. I don't know how long you've had it, but this is the first I've noticed it. Great choice of His Dark Materials and Harry Potter. So sad that they're banned.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm convinced that those who challenge books have no idea how difficult it is to get people to read and how important it is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gargoyles, great choice!
    I've read one pnr with them but now can't think of the name. I do remember the story though and it was good. The Hollows series also has a cute little gargoyle in it.

    Hope you had a great weekend and thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete