Friday, September 9, 2011

Hops, Follows, and Tag Alongs, Oh My!

The 18 & Over Book Blogger Follow is a weekly feature that begins on Fridays and runs through the weekend, hosted by Crystal from Reading Between the Wines and Kelly at Secrets of a Book Lover.


Q. What is the first book you ever reviewed?

A. Goddess (Memoir of a Transsexual) by Raquel Reyes was not only the first book I ever reviewed (see here), but the first review which garnered some feedback from the author.

It's time for another Book Blogger Hop, courtesy of Crazy for Books!

Book Blogger Hop

Q. Many of us primarily read one genre of books, with others sprinkled in. If authors stopped writing that genre, what genre would you start reading? Or would you give up reading completely if you couldn’t read that genre anymore?

A. I'm fortunate in that I read a lot of genres, including Fantasy, Horror, and Romance. If, for some inexplicable reason, authors stopped writing anything new . . . well, that would likely just give me a few years to get through my towering TBR pile!

It's also time for the Friday Follow, courtesy of Parajunkee's View!



Q. Have you ever wanted a villain to win at the end of a story?  If so, which one?

A. Oh, absolutely - I've loved the villain ever since the first time I saw Darth Vader in Star Wars. For some reason, and maybe it's because he does twist endings so well, I always hold out a little bit of hope that the bad guy will triumph in anything by Stephen King - Randal Flagg (The Stand), Pennywise (IT), and, creepiest of them all, little Gage (Pet Semetary).

As always, I urge you to hop around to some new blogs, tag along with some new friends, and find some great new reviews to follow. I always find something new to delight me!

7 comments:

  1. Loving looking back on the reviews! It makes me want to hit my head, wondering what I was thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through from Crazy for Books...I agree with the multi genres....come on over and read my answer...
    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hopping through the 18+ hop, wow, that's a pretty great review for a first review. You were honest and straight forward, it took me awhile to get the hang of review writing... Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow having an author give you feedback on your very first review would be amazing and nerving.lol

    Have a Great Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I thought of Darth Vader when I first read this question, too.

    I guess we'd all have a smaller TBR list if our fav. genre was taken away.

    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction (new follower)
    http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com/2011/09/feature-and-follow-friday-and-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unless I have been a part of a tour, I don't recall ever getting feedback from an author. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you got feedback from the author on your first review?! That is impressive.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete