Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday - Chicks Kick Butt by Caine & Hughes

"Waiting On" Wednesday spotlights upcoming releases that everyone's excited about (created by Jill at Breaking The Spine.)


The one book that I absolutely cannot wait to get my pretty little hands on this week is:

Chicks Kick ButtChicks Kick Butt edited by Rachel Caine & Kerrie Hughes: Chicks are awesome - and never more so than when they are kicking some serious vampire / werewolf / demon / monster butt. Chicks Kick Butt is an anthology that features one of the best things about the urban fantasy genre: strong, independent, and intelligent heroines who are quite capable of solving their own problems and slaying their own dragons (or demons, as the case may be). Edited by Kerrie Hughes and Rachel Caine, Chicks Kick Butt features original stories from thirteen authors, eleven of whom are New York Times bestsellers: Rachel Caine, L.A. Banks, Rachel Vincent, Karen Chance, Lilith Saintcrow, Cheyenne McCray, Susan Krinard, Jeanne Stein, Jenna Black, Susan Krinard, Jenna Black, Elizabeth Vaughan, Carole Nelson Douglas, P.N. Elrod, and Nancy Holder.


Don't forget about our Spring Celebration - be sure to check out the list of this week's giveaways, and leave a comment on one of the eligible posts to enter!

14 comments:

  1. Ooooh a new anthology I haven't heard of - it's going on my wishlist.
    Great pick.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this one. Sounds interesting. Thanks for dropping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds GREAT! "Chicks Kick Butt"... nice idea for an anthology :P

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great pick! Anything where 'Chicks kick butt' has to bee good!

    I'm a new follower, come by and see my WOW :o]

    Kristi-The Book Faery's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by! This has such a cool cover and I LOVE books with strong female leads. Might just have to give it a try! Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like it will be a good one, and a few of my favorite authors are in there so that is a plus!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh... sounds great!! Go check mine out:
    http://madamedsboudoir.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-4.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't seen this one yet but that is why I love WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can't go wrong with anthologies especially those involving butt-kicking. Great choice to share!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that sounds like a super fun, empowering anthology. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping By to see what is your WoW pick :) They should of came out with a book with that title long ago. I have to read it just on that principle alone!

    Please Stop by, I'm starting a new with a fresh look.  Let me know what you think

    Black Disaster Fairy
    A World of Personality

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks awesome, and I can't believe I've not heard of it-anything with kick-butt heroines is automatically great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, there are a lot of good writers in this book. I'll have to get myself a copy when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete