Welcome to the first of our Spring Celebration reading recommendations. Stopping by this morning to share a few of his personal reading recommendations is Zander Keig, a Member of the Board of Directors over at TransMentors International, Inc. Zander is also co-editor of the new FtM anthology Letters For My Brothers:
In today's fast paced world, the internet can provide quick answers to personal questions. But when an individual raised by society to live, breathe and look at the world with female eyes transitions to male, some of the most enlightening, helpful and profound advice can only come in retrospect. Letter to my Brothers, features essays from respected transmen mentors who share the wisdom they wish they would have known at the beginning of their journey into manhood. 20% of the proceeds are donated to FTM Mentors.
Zander's Trans Masculine reading recommendations, in support of our Gender Identity & Expression Reading Challenge, include:
- Letters for my Brothers co-edited by Meghan Rohrer & Zander Keig
- features essays from respected transmen mentors who share the wisdom they wish they would have known at the beginning of their journey into manhood
- Becoming a Visible Man by Jamison Green
- an artful and compelling inquiry into the politics of gender, combining candid autobiography with informed analysis to offer unique insight into the multiple challenges of the female-to-male transsexual experience.
- Testosterone Files by Max Wolf Valerio
- a raw, gripping, and poetic account of life before, during, and after injecting testosterone, based on the detailed observations of a lesbian transitioning from female to a heterosexual male
- Just Add Hormones by Matt Kailey
- Matt Kailey lived as a straight woman for the first forty-two years of his life, and then he changed - with the help of a good therapist, chest surgery, and some strong doses of testosterone, Kailey began living life as the man he’d always wanted to be.
- Both Sides Now by Dhillon Khosla
- Both Sides Now is a vivid and compelling account of one man’s search for wholeness, leading through multiple, complex, and life-threatening surgeries that not only transformed him physically, but emotionally and spiritually.