Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday - Miserere: An Autumn Tale

"Waiting On" Wednesday spotlights upcoming releases that everyone's excited about (created by Jill at Breaking The Spine.)


The one book that I absolutely cannot wait to get my pretty little hands on this week is:

Miserere: An Autumn Tale by Teresa Frohock: Exiled exorcist Lucian Negru deserted his lover in Hell in exchange for saving his sister Catarina's soul, but Catarina doesn't want salvation. She wants Lucian to help her fulfill her dark covenant with the Fallen Angels by using his power to open the Hell Gates. Catarina intends to lead the Fallen's hordes out of Hell and into the parallel dimension of Woerld, Heaven's frontline of defense between Earth and Hell. When Lucian refuses to help his sister, she imprisons and cripples him, but Lucian learns that Rachael, the lover he betrayed and abandoned in Hell, is dying from a demonic possession. Determined to rescue Rachael from the demon he unleashed on her soul, Lucian flees his sister, but Catarina's wrath isn't so easy to escape! [Release date: July 21, 2011]

I came across this on a Goodreads giveaway, and it immediately caught my eye. The cover is gorgeous, and the story inside sounds dark and delicious.

8 comments:

  1. I've not heard of this one. Sounds interesting.
    Here's my WOW.

    And if you stop by don't forget to check out my interview and giveaway with Jennifer Turner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah!! That sounds awesome!

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing....

    heres mine

    http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never heard of this one, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this one...looks good!!

    nic @scorchingbookreviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this one on goodreads' giveaways too! I love the contrast in the women on the cover, really gorgeous fantasy art also. I wasn't sold on the summary for it but one of the blurbs makes it sounds spectacular: 'Miserere is about redemption, and the triumph of our best impulses over our worst. It's also about swords, monsters, chases, ghosts, magic, court intrigues and battles to the death. It's also (and this is the important part) really, really good.'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this one but it looks awesome!WoW POST:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen this one, but it looks really good! The cover alone is awesome!

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete