Thursday, January 19, 2017

Fourplay Fetish Feature: An Interview with Shaun Putaine

Wrapping up our Fourplay Fetish Feature on the gang at Wordwooze Publishing, Shaun Putaine has stopped by to chat with us.

♥ Thank you so much for taking the time to join us - we are so very delighted to have you! For those readers who have yet to encounter your work, can you give us a brief introduction?

Thank you very much for inviting me. I write erotica under the pen name Shaun Putaine. I’m kinky, I love bending gender and my writing reflects these passions. I self-published my first novella, Love Undiminished, about three years ago. My writing and my interest in kink and gender-bending go back much further than that though.

From a very early age, really as far back as I can recall, I have had an interest in expressing both a male and female part of myself. As a youngster I was very much a boy most of the time, but I also enjoyed wearing pretty things and doing things that were traditionally considered more in the female realm. That has continued throughout my life. I always felt a bit trapped between the two genders, neither completely male nor female, but I’ve come more to terms with gender identity in recent years and now identify as gender-fluid.

I’m not sure exactly when my fascination with kinky things began, but I know it really came home with a bang when I was in my early teens. I happened upon an adult magazine at that time which happened to have an interview and photo spread featuring a professional dominatrix. That interview totally captivated me; the other stuff in the magazine was titillating, but seeing the pictures and reading the interview with the dominatrix along with her descriptions of femdom scenes just totally blew me away. I have loved kink, and especially femdom, ever since.

I’ve always loved to write and I began writing naughty stories in my teens. Of course my fascination with kink and gender-bending have always played a big part in the stories I write.

♥ If it’s not too personal of a question, where does lifestyle experience end and vicarious fantasy begin within your fiction?

Experience and fantasy are very much interwoven throughout my stories. My Mistress/wife always enjoys telling people that they must guess which parts are fantasies and which reality.

I’ve been actively involved in kink for close to two decades now. My first real Dominant/submissive relationship was a long distance one that lasted a couple of years.

I have been married to my Mistress for over fifteen years, and we have been D/s from the beginning (I believe I explained my desire for a D/s relationship to her on our third date).  Mistress was basically vanilla when we met (though very open minded) so as you can imagine it has been a progression for us from mostly light bedroom D/s at first to the point where we now identify as Mistress/slave.

I’ve been fortunate over the years to experience many kinky things and to realize many of my fantasies. I think it’s safe to say that I have had experience, on some level, with pretty much everything that has been included in my books.

♥ On that note, is there a personal fetish or a fantasy that you have yet to explore in your fiction?

*smiling* There are one or two certainly.

Actually I think that Sallyann, my character from A Sissy diary and A Sissy Story, is about to live out one of my fantasies. I’ve long fantasized of being feminized and working in a bordello, Sallyann will be experiencing that in the next book in her series.

♥ You have been published for a couple of years now, with several stories available. What was it that prompted you to begin writing?

As I mentioned earlier, I began writing naughty stories when I was still in my teens. I think it was a way to express my sexuality and gender, since I couldn’t talk to anyone about this stuff. This was back in the late ‘70s early ‘80s so there was no internet, it was difficult to find information, and I was kind of convinced I was a freak. Writing gave me a way to express my feelings, even though I wasn’t able to share the stories with anyone, in fact I would burn those stories when they were finished to be sure no one found them.

My first D/s relationship was mostly on-line with a former professional dominatrix who had a website and did on-line slave training. At one point she had me write a story; she loved it, and began having me write stories pretty regularly which she published on her website.

I continued writing for my own enjoyment and for my Mistress/wife. A few years ago a friend of ours, who was also in a female led relationship, began publishing his stories. He knew I wrote, and after reading one of my stories urged me to publish. That story, after some expansion and editing, became Love Undiminished.

♥ With reader reviews so crucial to generating exposure, what are some of the weirdest or most wonderful reactions you’ve had from readers?

Oh wow, I so love getting reader feedback and I’ve received some that have really been satisfying.

One of the best was on Amazon from a reader of Passion Undiminished. The review began with, “This story truly explained my submissive self to me...”  I write erotica and of course I want to turn the reader on by telling them an interesting story that is hot and sexy, but I also hope that I can promote a better understanding and acceptance of sexuality and gender expression that is outside the mainstream.

I truly love when a reader has not only enjoyed one of my books for the story itself but that they have learned, or come to a better understanding of, something because of my writing.

♥ Having explored the realm of self-publishing, what attracted you to the shelves of Wordwooze Publishing?

I had been acquainted with Wordwooze for some time and had always been impressed with the quality of their authors and products. There is some really bad erotica being self-published right now; there is also some really good erotica being self-published, the trick is knowing which is which before you buy. I know that if I see that a book is published by Wordwooze, or another reputable publisher, that I am going to be getting a quality product for my money.

I really love audiobooks and had listened to a few produced by Wordwooze all of which had really impressed me. They were good stories and the narration and production was first rate. When Wordwooze approached me with an interest in producing audio editions of my stories I was absolutely thrilled. I knew that with Wordwooze producing the audiobooks the final product would be something that I could be proud of.

♥ Finally, looking towards a brighter, more fantastic 2017, what can readers look forward to seeing from you next?

I recently published the print and ebook editions of Trust Undiminished, the Wordwooze audiobook edition should be available sometime in early 2017.

I would like to continue with the Sallyann stories. I wrote A Sissy Story first, then I felt I needed to tell Sallyann’s back story which I accomplished with A Sissy Diary; but there is more to her story that needs to be told.

Also, I’d very much like to explore some stories with transgendered characters. I have a few ideas percolating currently and I think they may be taking the form of a collection of short stories.

♥ Thanks again for taking the time to join us - and please do count me in for more Sallyann!

No comments:

Post a Comment