Friday, December 25, 2015

Happiest of Holidays (courtesy of my wife)

OMG, I just can't stop smiling. 

For the last 5 years (since we had the momentous Sally discussion), my wife has given me an early private Xmas gift - the kind of gift that might raise some questions were I to pull it from under the tree and open it in front of the kids and our parents.

This year she surprised me with this gorgeous French Maid's outfit, complete with a stiff crinoline, lovely lace work, and a cute bow on the back. It looks absolutely gorgeous, feels like a dream, and (best of all) it's a perfect fit.


I'm not embarrassed to say I shed a few tears of happiness. After so many years of being taught nothing but shame and disgust, of being made to feel like a disappointment and a freak, I cannot put into words what it means to have such a loving and supportive wife. Seriously, just when I think I couldn't possibly love her any more, she does something like this.


Happy Holidays, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment