Friday, June 22, 2012

Hops, Follows, and Tag Alongs, Oh My!

The Feature & Follow Hop, courtesy of Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.



Q. If you could “unread” a book, which one would it be? Is it because you want to start over and experience it again for the first time? Or because it was THAT bad?

A. Okay, this one required a bit of thought . . . I think I'd like to go back and unread the Strange Highways collection from Dean Koontz. That's where our literary love affair (which, admittedly, was already beginning to get rocky) really fell apart. 

The 18 & Over Book Blogger Follow is a weekly feature that begins on Fridays and runs through the weekend, hosted by Crystal from Reading Between the Wines.


Q. If your current read was made into a movie who would you cast as the characters?

A. I try very hard not to cast my reads. The movie versions never measure up, so in even trying to casting the characters it seems like I'm dooming the read to failure. I'd rather stick with the characters as they first appear to my mind's eye, fresh and new and perfect, untainted by celebrity scandal or blockbuster flops. :)

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way of looking at it.. I will have to try that the next time I read!
    New follower
    -Buffi
    My Wonderfully Dysfunctional Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I dont think I have ever read a Koontz book I didnt like. That being said, I havent read Strange Highways, so I dont know...

    And about casting the characters- I feel the same way. unfortunately, sometimes my mind does it anyways
    :(

    old follower
    theresamjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like you, I wanted to this hop too but I can never cast the right people that I see in my head.

    Follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't read Koontz or Strange Highways but I understand the sentiment.

    My follow friday. Hope you visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. The movie versions rarely stack up to the characters in my mind either. Although after awhile the versions in my head get replaced by the actor, which is a little sad.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete