This is award #4 for me in just under a year of blogging, and I am absolutely tickled pink. Not sure if being second on Mysteriousrose's list of recipients means something, or whether it's pure chance, but I'm going to assume it means something and be deliriously happy at coming in second. LOL
Apparently, the price of fame is sharing 7 random facts about yourself, so here goes:
- I could no sooner leave the house without a book than without clothes on. This is much easier with a Sony Reader, but that usually just means I have an e-book and a paper book in my purse.
- Like Mysteriousrose, I love taking photos . . . even if they are a bit odd. There are never any people in my photos. Instead, I'm drawn to abandoned places and historic ruins that are literally haunted by the ages.
- I am absolutely fascinated by Clive Barker. Not only is he an author, a playwright, a painter, a photographer, and a director, but he's unbelievably amazing at each and every one. It's almost unfair to the rest of the world.
- My favourite band that nobody else in my life seems to have heard of is Oingo Boingo.
- I don't believe in regrets, but I do believe in second chances. If I ever won the lottery, I'd love nothing more than to live out the rest of my life in the dirt, beneath the sun, as an apprentice paleontologist.
- If I had the power to reach back in time and give one TV show just one more season, it would be Quantum Leap . . . and, yes, I absolutely would bring Sam home.
- If I could switch places with one person for the day, it would be (and I know this will sound really weird, but hear me out) a high-end lingerie store mannequin. Think about it - you get to stand there all day, dressed in exquisite lingerie you could never afford, in the one perfect body it's made for, wearing shoes you could never walk in, with flawless hair and makeup you could never do yourself, being admired by countless strangers, and all without feeling the least bit shy, awkward, hungry, thirsty, or tired. For an introvert, it's not just a fantasy, it's therapy!
Okay, now that you're all thinking I'm crazy, let me distract you with the 15 Bloggers with whom I'd like to share this Award: