Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - The Butterfly and the Flame

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Simply grab your current read, open to a random page, and share a couple of “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page . . . just be careful not to include any spoilers!


My teaser this week comes from  Chapter 1 of The Butterfly and the Flame by Dana De Young:

The Butterfly and the FlameEmily grabbed her necklace between her fingers and looked at the worn face of George Washington on the coin. She sat idle for a moment as she gazed into Washington’s vacant stare. She didn’t want to believe that the past didn’t matter, and she longed to hold onto more of it than just the decaying fragment in her hand.

Considering I've been waiting for this book for over a year now, since Dana first began teasing it as Emily, I am well-and-truly teased!

So, how about it? Are you feeling teased? :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh boy that's a teaser reminds me of myself some.. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this one on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love that cover! And the sentence seems to set it up as a mystery. Thanks for the tease :D

    Mine is from Double Cross: http://sweetvernalzephyr.blogspot.com/2011/05/tueaday-teaser-with-mutations.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete