Ashley McAllister, over at Bitch Media, has posted her 100 Young Adult Books for the Feminist Reader. While I haven't historically been a big reader of YA fiction, I was surprised by how many books on the list I've either read or are anxious to read:
Choir Boy by Charlie Anders
13. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
16. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
37. Annie on my Mind by Nancy Garden
50. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’engle
53. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
55. Ash by Malinda Lo
62. The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley
73. Luna by Julie Anne Peters
74. Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce
78. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
94. Parrotfish by Ellen Wittlinger
You can read the entire list HERE, and I also recommend you check out Jackie Parker Interactive Reader blog for some commentary on the ridiculous debate over whether certain books really deserved to be included (and Bitch Media's awkward decision to censor their own list).
All controversy aside, I'd love to know which ones you've read . . . want to read . . . or would add to the list.