Thursday, December 30, 2010

My First Award - Life is (indeed) Good!

I admit, I've been a little behind in my blogging this week, and even more behind in catching up with my comments. Yes, I suppose I am a bad gurl who needs to be spanked, but that's another story entirely! LOL

Anyway, I was absolutely delighted to discover that Selena, over at The Enchanted Book, has bestowed upon me the Life is Good award.


I am absolutely tickled pink! Please head over and check out her lovely blog if you get a chance, and say hello to her other award recipients.

Okay, onto the survey questions . . .

1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you are not anonymous, do you wish that you had started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?

I can't say that I have any regrets. We're all made up of different personas - those we share with family, with friends, at work, in public, with ourselves, etc. - so I say go with what works for you at the time.

2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
No, I won't, and you can't make me. How's that for stubborn!
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

I guess it all depends on who is standing behind me . . . sometimes we have to be different things to different people.

4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?

Ah, that's an easy one - an ice cold Coca Cola, preferrably in a glass bottle with little beads of sweat running down the sides.

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
On a perfect day? Go for a long hike, find some shade, and get lost in a good book.

6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?

Two things, really. First, I'd love to stop procrastinating and get one of my 3 in-progress novels finished. Good or bad, at least I could say it's done! Second, I'd really love to get my honour's degree finished and move on to my Master's. I'm slowly working on that one, but neither time nor money seem to grow no matter how well I water the garden.

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?

Definitely the shy person, hidden away in the back of the class or the corner of the schoolyard, usually with my nose in a book.

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?

I know I should say my wedding, but I'm going to go with signing my first writer's contract. Sure, it was just a short story that I sold to a magazine for $75, but it was the first time somebody paid me for my writing . . . and I loved it.

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?

Although I like to focus on the books, what attracts me to them, how I feel about them, and what I take away from them are all things that are absolutely the product of my true self.

10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

Read a book. Hands down. No debate. I loathe talking on the phone . . . always have, and always will. Fortunately, call display makes it easy to screen calls, and the people I want to keep in touch with know that Gmail and BlackBerry Messenger are the keys to getting through. :)

I would like to pass this award on to:
This turned out to be far more difficult than I anticipated. Several of my favourite reads have boldly declared themselves to be award-free zones, which makes it difficult to share the love. So, rather than annoy/offend anybody by making them feel obligated, I've decided to share the award discreetly, and invite the recipients to pop in and 'accept' their accolades with a comment. If they choose to do so, then we'll celebrate together.

1 comment: