Sunday, November 21, 2010

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

This week was another very good week for reads, although there was also some sad news mixed in.

J.M. Snyder has chosen to shut down his Rainbow Reviews site, which means no new reads there. Fortunately, to help clear out his current back-log of reviews, he's passed one last read my way - Chick Band (an erotic, behind-the-scenes, lesbian rock-star read) by Rakelle Valencia.

Kayden has provided me with a warm welcome over at Siren Book Reviews, and I've jumped all over Samhain (an erotic tale of witchcraft, pagan ritual, and sexual adventure) by Kenn Dahll as my first read.

I also received my first read from NetGalley this week. Demon's Fall (an interesting tale of sexual slavery between an angel and an incubus), by Karalynn Lee sounds divine . . . if you'll pardon the pun!


Finally, I received my first delivery from Thrift Books this week, including the classics Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt and City of Night by John Rechy; Dr. Adder by K. W. Jeter; and the Age of Misrule series by Mark Chadbourn (which, for some inexplicable reason, is almost impossible to find in Canada).

The Hidden Oasis by Paul Sussman is one I've been anxious to get my hands on for a while now, but couldn't justify the price. Since it's now available in trade paperback, I was able to snag the hardcover at Chapters for under $10 as they clear out the remaining stock.

Happy reading!

3 comments:

  1. I havent heard of these, I love finding books like this! Off to look them up! My IMM is here: http://nikkibrandyberry.wordpress.com/2010/11/20/in-my-mailbox-kinda-8/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reads! Age of Misrule looks like a cool series.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil the movie wasn't to bad either. Great list. Although I'm sad that Rainbow Reviews shut down a lot of authors are going to be upset about that.

    ReplyDelete